SRTS Software Installation Instructions
For more detailed instructions, download the SRTS User Manual
- Insert the SRTS DVD in your DVD-Rom drive The DVD will open using Autorun.
- Click “Next” to view the End User License Agreement. In order to install SRTS, you will need to select “I Accept the Agreement,” then click “Next” again.
- The default destination folder for SRTS is C:\ProgramFiles\SRTS, but you can select the “Custom” option to install the game in the directory of your choice. Select either the “Default” or “Custom” option, and click “Next” to continue.
- To start the program, select “SRTS” from the program group in the Windows start menu.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Insert the SRTS DVD in your DVD-Rom drive. Autoplay should open a window.Note: If no window opens, Open your DVD drive and double click the “Setup” file and follow the steps to install. Most computers will display this file as “Setup,” but the file extension may also be displayed as “Setup.exe.”
- Once you’ve started the Setup process, select “Next” to view the End User License Agreement. Click “I Accept the Agreement,” then select “Next” again.
- The default destination folder for SRTS is C:\ProgramFiles\SRTS, but you can select the “Browse” option to install the game in the directory of your choice. Once you’ve decided on a location, select “Next” to begin the installation process.
- To start the program, select “SRTS” from the program group in the Windows start menu.Note: SRTS uses a network protocol to allow it to read your Coherence. It also allows SRTS to check for updates. To allow this communication to take place, click “Allow Access” or “Unblock,” depending on which Windows operating system you’re using.
Half-Life 2 Installation Instructions
- In a web browser, go to: http://store.steampowered.com
- Click “Install Steam.”
- Run the Steam installer. When it’s finished and Steam opens, you must purchase Half-Life 2. It can be found on the “Games” page under the “Library” category. This will begin the download of Half-Life 2 (Be certain you’re downloading Half-Life 2, and not one of the variations).
- Once Half-Life 2 begins downloading (or after it finishes downloading), install Source SDK Base 2006. It is also located under the “Library” category on the “Tools” page.
- Half-Life 2 should now work in SRTS.
- Insert the Half-Life 2 DVD in the DVD-Rom drive. Follow the prompts to start the download.
- Follow the instructions given in the DVD case for proper install.Note: You might be prompted to install source SDK 2006 from the Steam website, as described to the left.